During my time in Stony Brook for f(Glitch) I’ll also be curating another BYOB event, taking place on March 4th!
You are invited to join us for the first Bring Your Own Beamer (BYOB) at Stony Brook University. Taking part is easy: just bring your beamer (digital projector) and something to be screened! BYOB is a series of one-night exhibitions where artists are invited to bring their own beamers and explore the medium of projection by creating a collaborative happening of moving light, sound and performance. On March 4th from 20:00 until 23:00 we will fill Union Ballroom and University Cafe at Stony Brook University with artists, each of them armed with their own beamer.
The simple terms and guidelines:
- RSVP to hellocatfood in order to secure a spot.
- Open to anyone, including those outside the university.
- Bring your own beamer/projector, video playback device and extension cord.
- We can provide power sockets and some extension cables.
- Find your own spot on the day.
- Use any surface to beam on, including ceilings and floors.
- Places allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants are welcome to set up at University Ballroom and Cafe from 5pm.
- Participants are responsible for the safety of their own equipment.
- All ages welcome in the University Ballroom, but ages 21+ allowed in the University Cafe.
The University will have a limited amount of beamers that can be booked on the night. Please get in contact if you need one. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.