GLI.TC/H Birmingham happened on 19th November at VIVID and I’ve only just had time to recover from it.
As the curator of GLI.TC/H Birmingham I’d like to give my own set of thanks:
- Arts Council England for supporting GLI.TC/H Birmingham.
- Birmingham City University, in particular two staff members:
- Gregory Sporton, for supporting the event, even if he doesn’t quite get what it all is!
- Lorna Hards, whose course, Methods and Models of Curatorial Practice, gave me the confidence to curate GLI.TC/H Birmingham
- VIVID, for accepting the proposal for GLI.TC/H Birmingham to be part of their “The Garage Presents…” programme and for providing an amazing space to hold this event in as well as technical and programming assistance
- The GLI.TC/H Bots (Rosa, Nick and Jon) for being great friends and for allowing me to curate GLI.TC/H Birmingham. Moar thanks to Jon Satrom and Nick Briz for traveling to all three GLI.TC/H events (Chicago, Amsterdam and Birmingham)
- Flip Festival, for hosting a great night of GLI.TC/H video previews. Photos/programme available here
- Leon (Chromatouch), Pete and James and Sarah, for being great assistants and filling in gaps that I overlooked.
- fizzPOP, for being a great hackerspace and providing assistance in the workshops
- All of the artists that gave workshops, delivered lectures, performed or had videos/bumpers screened at GLI.TC/H Birmingham.
- All of my friends that attended GLI.TC/H Birmingham or supported it in another way. I know that a lot my friends don’t quite understand glitch art, so it was great to see them at it!
- And last, but not least, thanks to you, the audience, for traveling from the far reaches of England (and in some cases the world) to attend GLI.TC/H Birmingham. I hope that the day gave you a better insight into the world of technological failure!
I was personally pleasantly surprised by the turnout throughout the whole day, to the point that we ran out of seats! So, thanks for making it a great success 🙂
Pete also took photos for the event and many more are available in the GLI.TC/H Flickr group. If you have any photos please add them to this group! Here’s one of my favourite photos, featuring Nicolas Maigret from Art of Failure:
I can’t personally comment on what is next in store for GLI.TC/H (GLI.TC/H 2012???), but I’m already planning future, much smaller, glitch art events to take place locally. I’m always up for collaborating on this, just get in touch.
Now time for sleep.